Monday, March 23, 2009

My funnest post yet!

So, had enough religion for a while? Me too.

I have never publicly stated my opinion of religion before, mainly because what difference does it make to know my opinion? It seems that there is a threat once again of a religious fundamentalism moving in to take over, particularly in the United States, which effects the entire world. Once fundamentalists take hold, there is very little tolerance for those who do not think the way they do.


 

The religious have had sway for most of human kind's existence, it is time for them to realise that their beliefs are wrong, and haven't worked and are holding back the human race. You've had your day, now give the rationalists theirs.


 

******


 

Thought I'd start talking about books, or at least language once more. I used to work in the media, at a daily newspaper about 16 years or so ago. Even then, I noticed that slang was creeping into news stories. Now I read about cars T-boned at an intersection, that the damage was humongous! These were not witness comments, but part of the actual story. Dan Rather even used the word humongous on a 60 Minutes segment years back. I know that the language changes all the time, not many people speak the way Jefferson spoke back in 1776, but still, there are standards.


 

Parties can be fun, but not the funnest.

Party is a noun, not a verb.


 

More to come....


 

I thought I might even introduce words into the English language, just because others have.


 

This month's word is:


 

FACEIST, face-ist

Noun

  • A person who looks good on television and uses this to promote his or her agenda.

Adjective

Of or like a faceist

No comments:

Post a Comment